Saturday, November 1, 2014

On October 9, 2014, I drove from the eastern shore of Maryland to the Brandywine River Museum in Chadsford, Pennsylvania. Again, there were many unpublished Wyeth works on display alongside the finished paintings on display. I saw a preliminary painting for his tempera, "Roasted Chestnuts."  I believe it was the only study that he did using oil paints....


"Chestnuts," tempera

Here are many other works I had the joy to study while I was there:


"Barracoon," tempera.


"Anna Christina," tempera.


"Faraway," drybrush.


"Racoon," tempera


"Garret Room," drybrush


Study of Tom Clark, pencil


From the museum I took a tour of Andrew Wyeth's studio:


The famous "Do not disturb" sign on the studio door.


Wyeth's studio


Wyeth's miniature collection 

The plus to the trip was to head down to Ring Road and view what is left of Mother Archie's Church just past the Kuerner's Farm:





1 comment:

  1. Andrew Wyeth was one of my favorite artists. I remember, many years ago going to one of his shows in SF. Seeing his work up close and personal was such a highlight - and this was long before I started painting.

    ReplyDelete